Friday, August 8, 2014

The Principle Destroyer

It's time for a challenge.  A six-month-long challenge. 
I like to call it the principle destroyer. 
This is a time period where every bloody red cent is thrown at the principle mortgage on my rental property. 
I wax and wane with this thing.  Sometimes I can taste freedom, other times I feel as forlorn as a ship's captain with no food, little water and no land in sight.  70% of the Earth is covered in water you remember, a lot of space for fumbling in the dark.  

This challenge is the homing device, the GPS that will float my boat right blessed land. 
Presently, I commit to enact this plan for the dates listed below and track every cent that filters through my virtual hands.  At the expiration of this challenge, I will assess how it went and how best to continue. 

Here are the numbers: 

Start Date
8. August, 2014

Beginning Principle Balance ...drumroll please...
$173,390

End Date
31. January, 2014

There is never a good time and never a bad time to begin.
It is the process of putting one foot in front of the other that is important.
So, I am starting today.   

...and the three exceptions:

September:
Half Cow $700
October:
Birthday Gift $200
November:
Christmas Gifts and Food $300

When will you start your walk to freedom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment